Pages

Saturday 7 November 2015

Sir Edmund Hillary & Mount Everest

We learned that Sir Edmund was famous for being the first, with climbing partner Tenzing Norgay, to climb to the summit of Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world. He was 33 years old at the time.
In Room 2 we learned about Sir Edmund Hillary. These are fabulous facts about Sir Edmund Hillary.
1. Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Mount Everest in 1953.
2. He climbed Mount Everest with a Sherpa called Tenzing Norgay.
3. After his successful climb of Mount Everest, Queen Elizabeth 11 made him a knight.
4. Sir Edmund Hillary was also a beekeeper.
5. He was also the first man in the world to have stood at both poles and on the summit of Mount Everest.
Working cooperatively, we were able to create a simple model of Mount Everest. 



3 comments:

  1. Hello Room 2. I like how your whole class worked together to finish making Mount Everest. Maybe you should go back and check your work because there is a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Room 2 i'm Lara from grey main school I love your blog (!wow!) I can't believe this man climbed mount Everest that I very good (Clap for you!!)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Room 2 i'm Lara from grey main school I love your blog (!wow!) I can't believe this man climbed mount Everest that I very good (Clap for you!!)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete